Tuesday 1 December 2015

Hello Sunshine: Layout for Scrap Africa DT - Sketch Challenge #64

Hi everyone! I can hardly believe it's time to say Happy December already. I've been busy with the workshops I've been happy to teach here in my home town Espoo, Finland, and apologize for the long blog break!

Today is also the time for the new challenge at Scrap Africa, and it's a Sketch Challenge with hexagons, a shape I'm really drawn to but still had a bit of a hard time placing this time! I felt like making a sunny layout to cheer up the darkest time of the year.



Here's what the sketch looks like.



I was also inspired by the tic-tac-toe themed challenge at Challenge YOUrself! You can join until December 4th.



I chose Sunshine, Bling and Doily for my tic-tac-toe row.



The three things that represent sunshine in my layout are the colourful gelli printed paper, the pencil pattern like rays of sunshine that I drew with a Dutch Doobadoo stencil, and last but not least the sunshine themed photo!



I'm really quite into using sequins in my layouts right now! I just tried it for the first time a month or two ago as I'd never realized how easy they are to attach with a neatly drying glue like Glossy Accents. I had two small bags of them, golden and an assortment of blues and greens, from long ago when I did more textile arts. Now I bought my first ones specifically for scrapping, these almost clear ones that still seem to have a shade of pale pink or gold in a certain light. I'm really happy with how they worked out! Other bling I used are Stickles and Liquid Pearls glues.







Thanks for your visit and welcome to check out the Scrap Africa challenge to see what the other DT members did & more importantly, take part in it, you too!



You can join until December 14th and the random giveaway prize is this collection "You're Invited" by Bo Bunny!



I hope to see you again soon!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! What a beautiful layout, Salla! I love your colors and textures! And the way you used the tic tac toe board was so creative! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful page...love the background work and all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sequins and other special touches on this. Wonderfully scrapped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely colours you used! That photo is stunning! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all the stenciling and of course the sequins-I'm a huge sequin addict! Kate (CY)

    ReplyDelete