Friday 10 July 2015

First Time Joining Illustration Friday!

Hi again!

In my previous post I was showing backgrounds made with some of my favourite techniques, Gelli printing and stenciling. One of them turned out just perfect for what I had in mind: I'm joining the Illustration Friday challenge for the first time. You probably couldn't guess at the theme, which is...



SHARP!

The themes at Illustration are often quite abstract, understandably, since this challenge is targeted for professional illustrators or folks who are aiming at that. I've thought of joining a few times before but the challenges are always on for just a week, so my other ideas have been too time-consuming!

I'm happy to have tried something out of my comfort zone now and I'll keep an eye at their coming themes definitely! Illustration is such a fascinating profession in my eyes. I guess it's the stories I'm drawn to, and being able to make the picture support and broaden the scape of the story.

My large pair of sewing scissors is hand drawn on a book page, the antique looking pair is a free printable courtesy of the Graphics Fairy and the smallest black pair is a Unity stamp, done with black embossing powder. The red hearts are made with a Dina Wakley for TCW stencil called Grunge Hearts.

I'm also entering this for A Sprinkle of Imagination challenge, with a "Create Whatever You Like" theme.

Have a nice weekend!

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, I love your doily background. Thanks for entering it into our challenge at ASOI this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job with the theme :) works perfectly for it. I keep meaning to draw something for illustration Friday but can never find the time

    ReplyDelete