Tuesday 14 May 2013

Garden Time: An Art Journal Spread

Hello again! If you enjoy gardening like I do, you know how exciting and busy time spring can be. Garden was also the theme of the month at Faber-Castell's Design Memory Craft Challenge. With this art journal spread, I'm participating in another challenge as well. It's called Paper Lovers Studio and I just came across it the other day.

The prompt was to combine cut paper, paint and drawing. I started with acrylics, stencilling the paint with punchinella.

The tulips are made from old scraps where I had stamped these ladybirds or bugs. I'm always happy if I can think of using a stamp for something else than the subject that it actually depicts!

The watering can and the outlines for the flowers were drawn with Promarkers. For the clouds, I used Faber-Castell's Big Brush Markers with a lot of water and really like how it turned out. The paper has to be quite wet when you draw on it, if you want this fading effect to happen. I think the clouds are my favourite part of this spread!



Puutarhan aika

Moni puutarhuri jo varmaan kuopsuttaa pihoilla innoissaan. Minulla on puutarha vain mökillä, ja odotan jo kovasti ensi viikonloppua, jolloin pääsen hommiin! Ja ehkä jo ihailemaan tulppaanejakin.

Osallistun tällä Art Journal -aukeamalla kahteen haasteeseen: Design Memory Craft, jossa aiheena oli puutarha, ja Paper Lovers Studio, jossa piti ensin leikata ja liimata, ja sitten maalata ja piirtää!

Pilvet ovat ehkä suosikkikohtani tällä aukeamalla. Piirsin ne Big Brush -kynällä, joka leviää jännästi runsaan veden kanssa käytettynä.

Leikkaamisen ja liimaamisen osuus puolestaan toteutui noissa tulppaaneissa. Talteen oli jäänyt paperia, johon olin leimaillut leppäkerttuja. Niistä syntyi ylösalaisin keikauttamalla kivat kukat. Se on aina ilon aihe, jos keksin käyttää leimasinta johonkin muuhun kuin mitä se varsinaisesti esittää!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big art journaling fan and love your buggy flowers!

    ReplyDelete