Sunday 14 October 2012

Bird and Vintage Cage in Brown

This is a card I made for trade. It is a so called Arch ATC card, which means its dimensions are those of a standard ATC (2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches) but the top is round shaped. Also, I wanted to give a try on a monochromatic card, using just shades of one colour. This week's challenge at Collage Obsession was Brown, so that's what I chose.

The collage image of a brown bird, song thrush, was a good starting point. I don't have a die cut machine of my own, but had a few previously cut cages to choose from. The brown of the cage was a bit dull at first, but as I added stamping, I was happy with the result. Brown was a bit of a challenging colour to do monochromatic, and I felt it needed a hint of other colours. Green pigment ink in the background and the poppies to add some reddish brown did the job well, I think!



Song Thrush (Turdus Philomelos) Laulurastas

2 comments: